Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jess' Summer Update

FIRST

I sincerely apologize to all of our HUNDREDS of blog followers for the lack of updates in the past week or so, I know everyone is dying to know what's going on in our lives. As for me, I unofficially have a job for the fall (hooray!) teaching 7th grade science at Beech Grove Middle School close to Indianapolis. That's the biggest news. I spend most of my summertime telling people to increase or decrease their pH and chlorine levels in their pools, but am very thankful to have a job with some wonderful people. 

I got to see this guy yesterday!! My bro is living in Columbus this summer lifeguarding at this big water park getting super tan (whatever). 
And I wanted to share this picture of my beloved, soon to be 50 year old father. He pulled a 20 dollar bill out of his wallet with a look-alike mustache drawn on it (look closely). My dad gets mistaken for Andrew Jackson all the time. 
This was me on my way to my interview in Beech Grove - Micky Dee's lattes have been my saving grace without a Starbucks around. At this point, I had no idea I'd be coming home with a job! :)

2 New Fiction books that look AMAZING: 

How to Buy a Love of Reading
by Tanya Egan Gibson
It's about a group of students that hate to read and constantly dissect literature instead of enjoy it... or something like that. Read this & you be the judge - I think it sounds great!
&
Sunnyside
by Glen David Gold
Seems to be a story about the famous Charlie Chaplin and early Hollywood during the war. Looks great :)
Things I'm excited for: 
1. A new apartment in 2 months (hopefully with Kate Bing)
2. Betsy Davis' wedding/rave
3. My own classroom
4. Having the day off tomorrow
5. TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O'BRIEN!!!

All for now, 
xo Jess xo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE ARE THE EXACT SAME THINGS I'M EXCITED ABOUTTTTT! (ending a sentence with a preposition because i can..i have a job.)

    ReplyDelete