Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jess' Winter Break Re-Cap

So today is Sunday, meaning we go back to school tomorrow. The kids don't come back until Tuesday. I have officially done NO work for school over break and that means a HECK of a day ahead of me tomorrow. My New Year's Resolution this year is to remember why I'm a teacher. I have realized over break that this semester I have lost sight of WHY I wanted to be a teacher in the first place. Sad, I know. I have been SO focused on doing everything RIGHT and implementing all the BEST strategies and making sure my class runs like a well-oiled machine. WHAT WAS I THINKING?
Strategies and lesson plans and grades are all important, but I have completely lost sight of the fact that I am there to play a role in my kids' lives that is bigger than genetics & plate tectonics. I realized I have been stressed out WAY more than I have been happy this semester. That being said, my New Years Resolution is to not take EVERYTHING so serious, to let go of the idea that I have to do everything perfectly and have the greatest lesson plans on earth and to HAVE FUN with these 7th graders that need someone to understand them. God has a purpose for me there, and I have a feeling that it is not to have perfect lesson plans every day :)

Anyway, there's my inspiration for the moment. What a great winter break!! Some wonderful memories that were made:
Beautiful & meaningful gifts from all of my loved ones :)
LOTS of sweatpants/slippers worn.
Awesome new additions to my kitchen.


DIY 'Elsie-style' chalkboards with hooks ~ Nile made them for me!!! He's the best :)
Aren't they the cutest??
Zoo lights with the fam.
Spending time with the greatest brother ever. Jakey is leaving for Ecuador on a mission trip tomorrow ~ keep him in your prayers!! He is going to do some great things for the kids there!

Groomers! Enough said.
This year was one of the first years that EVERYONE was home for Christmas :) It was wonderful!
Nile & I acted like we had all the money in the world, made reservations at this awesome Italian restaurant, got dressed up, and wined & dined for New Years Eve.
Then sprayed champagne off the balcony at midnight :)
Last but not least, The Buckeyes winning the Rose Bowl :)

Today's plans: cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, blowing my nose every 5 seconds (bad cold), and remembering all of my blessings :) xoxo, J

No comments:

Post a Comment