Friday, January 1, 2010

For all the teachers out there...

So, I am trying this out. I am working on an activity for my homeroom/homebase/morning meeting for when we get back to school. After watching Obama's Address to the Students, I decided that even though we didn't watch it in school, I wanted to share part of it with my kids. Most of my kids really look up to Obama and come from a very similar background as him. I am creating a bulletin board with this inspirational quote from his speech:

No one’s written your destiny for you,

because here in America,

you write your own destiny.

You make your own future.

-President Barack Obama



Students will each fill out this goal sheet that I created (after we discuss the quote, how they can apply it to their lives and ideas for goals)and they will be hung up on the bulletin board. I wasn't sure if anyone else would want to do this, but if you do, I figured out a way to share files online. It is a PDF, but if you want it as a .doc so you can change it let me know. Download the goal sheet here: Click to download



No comments:

Post a Comment