Sunday, July 12, 2009

Take me home country roads...

Hiii! Just spent a fantastic weekend with the best family in the world. These are my cousins... there are 9 of us and I am the oldest. We obviously have no idea what fun is. And the baby doesn't have pants on. Typical.
On Saturday was the annual Cooper Reunion. They brought shirts for the little kids to make and the 3 oldest grandchildren ended up making them instead.
(Please notice Jacob Cooper's not on purpose mistake) I wore mine over my floral dress all day, it looked really really hot as you can see.
My cousin Tyler, who is in High School, was wayyy too cool to make a shirt, however he had the BIGGEST fan club at the Community Days parade. We completely embarrassed the poor kid. Love him.
Here is part of the Cooper clan waiting for candy to be thrown at them from the parade. I obviously jumped out into the street during the parade to take this picture.

Best float in the parade: The Hillbilly Clan from Wheeling, WV. A few had their teeth.

And bagpipes are ALWAYS a must.
So, after dark, we decided to check out Community Days downtown. Community Days is what Follansbee waits for ALL YEAR and it's basically a bunch of Italian vendors selling homemade pizza and Italian sausage and other foods I can't spell -- and games and entertainment. Only the FINEST of Follansbee comes out for this event (see picture below).
My cousin Drew was fascinated by chicken on a stick as we were entertained by this Italian guy with big hair that thought he was Mr. T.
Only the classiest license plates in WV.
I spent a lot of time listening to these on my Grandma's old record player, it was pretty darn awesome.
So, I have this ADORABLE cousin. His name is Cooper (and no, it's not Cooper Cooper...). He is my dad's sister's son -- so he has a different last name. Cooper Cooper would be pretty awesome though, don't you think? Maybe not.
And my brother is VERY good at handling children.
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend -- good family, great weather, homemade pizza, singing, dancing, the usual. My family is crazy but I love every second of being with them.

..... Moving to Indy in T-Minus 16 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment