Monday, August 3, 2009

First days in Indy

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I officially have moved to Indianapolis to be a 7th grade Science teacher at the coolest school district ever. I started new teacher orientation today and while it was awesome, it was also completely overwhelming. HOWEVER, my Indy experience so far has been amazing. In just 2 days, I ate at some cool places, experienced the fashion mall [anthropologie = amazing], and officially experienced the Indianapolis Museum of Art.

Helllooo new amazing apartment.

I am extremely fortunate to have a personal tour guide that has taken 100% responsibility in making sure my Indy Adventures are unforgettable. He's always in deep thought.


ART MUSEUM

This place is one of a kind. Seriously. It is beautiful and wonderful. The creator of the famous LOVE symbol is from Indianapolis and the original statue is right outside the IMA. Of course I climbed on it to get a picture and the security guard yelled at me to get off the statue and then hit on me. Thank goodness Nile was there. ha
BENNY HARRISON!! If you don't remember, Kate & I made a special visit to the Benjamin Harrison home and this stained glass window made me sooo happy/sad because it reminded me of Kate.
Loved this quote about the camera.
In the entrance of the museum, there are tons of these hanging from the ceiling -- they are little view finders with all different old vintage photos in them. So cool. I took this picture, so artsy, I know!!
There was tons of cool art and contemporary projects at the museum that we weren't allowed to take pictures of -- so you'll just have to come visit me in Indy to go to the IMA yourself!!

One of the highlights of the night was definitely Nile blowing up an air mattress in the parking lots of my apartment complex. He brought me the wrong air pump - he brought the one you plug into your car instead of into an outlet. My neighbors were super happy about the obnoxiously loud motor coming from the parking lot.
I am completely in love with this city, my job, and my new home. I can't remember the last time I've been this happy (minus Kate not being here). Getting my official 'teacher' badge today made me especially happy!!

Long post, I know.... and it could be lots longer, but I will not bore you anymore :)
Have a great week everyone!

Miss you Kate Bing!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your job and your new place. Wish Kate Bing could be with you!! Mary<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you, miss cooper. and thanks for blowing up an air matress in the parking lot. sooooo funny :) call you soon!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete