Friday, September 4, 2009

hi

What's blogging??? Because I apparently don't remember.

Things going on as of late

#1 I'm exhausted. I leave for work at 6:35 every morning...and usually get back at 6:35 every evening.
But I love it.

#2 I also love new shoes:


#3 My camera broke...but I finally got a memory card for my spare digital camera until I can afford a new one...which will be in like 5 years.

#4 Less than a month until Kevin and Hil's wedding in Michigan!! I can't wait!! 

#5 So many BBQs this weekend, so little time.

#6 Working at a charter school means that I get/have to do things like go to parent open house events on Saturday morning...or ride the public bus to make sure my students don't assault any neighborhood adults.

#7 These past few weeks I've learned a lot about poverty...not meaning I'm poor...meaning what poverty looks like...how children are affected by it...and on how little money families live on...and how it effects a student's performance.

#8 I'm also learning a lot about how important flexibility is.

#9 And how little Spanish I actually learned in my 5 years of instruction

#10 And how awesome team teaching is

#11 And how easy it is to fall in love with 130 crazy 6th graders

#12 And how much I miss my friends. I miss Ohio...not the state, just the people in it.

#13 And how much I miss my brothers!! 

#14 And how happy I am to have such amazing friends in York, PA.

#15 And how happy I am to be able to tell stories like these: 
After giving out instructions for a science activity:
 "Does anyone have any questions?" 
"Miss, is Tupac dead?

or 

After seeing a photo of my dad and me:
"Miss, that your dad? He works at the Chinese buffet, right?"
"No, he lives in NY. He works at a bank"
"Nahhh Miss, he works at the Chinese buffet. I seen him there!!"





4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back to blogging. You bring tears of joy to my eyes! Love, Mom<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely hillarious...having been to your school I can believe it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God you don't have cankles in our family !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you and the shoes and your life/stories... can't wait to see you

    ReplyDelete