Monday, September 14, 2009

The day in the life of a 7th grader....

Some things I've learned about being a teacher of 7th graders:

- The girls are giddy & giggly one day, then super sad, depressed and suddenly on their period the next. It's amazing how OPEN girls are about their monthly visitor!!
- The boys are 100 times more immature than I EVER remember. For example:
Miss Cooper: How did Science effect your life this weekend?
Male Student: My dog took a big dump in my neighbors yard and the neighbor called the cops.
(what?!)
- Always be careful when typing things out on your projector (i.e. don't accidentally type 'sexonds' instead of 'seconds') ahhh, true story, they won't let me live it down.
-They absolutely HATE you one second then absolutely LOVE you the next
- They insert 'lol', 'omg', and 'idk' on their assignments on a regular basis.
- They think it's the coolest thing when you start singing 'I Gotta Feeling' by the Black Eyed Peas.
- They love Michael Jackson, New Kids on the Block, Journey, AC/DC, and Chicago (are you KIDDING ME?!)
-They are loud, hilarious, obnoxious, darling, sweet, crazy, hormonal, sleepy, hyper, and extremely exhausted ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

I love my job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment