Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer Reading Part I

Kate's Top 5 Summer Reads

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
(Heard this was really good, and I want to see what all the fuss is about)

Tess of the d'Urbervilles
(for my summer BOOK CLUB!)

Michelle Style
(because I want to look like Michelle O...and because my twinny dress is featured in it!)

Mendel's Dwarf
(Gregor Mendel is the actual love of my life! I would definitely make him fall in love with me)

A Moveable Feast
(Who doesn't need a little more Hemingway in their lives??) 

Jess' Top 5 Summer Reads

The Secret Life of Bees 
(Because Mary Bing loved it)

Nectar in a Sieve 
(Because I found it at Grounds for Thought & liked how it looked)

Speak
(Because it's on the adolescent banned book list - they're usually the best ones!)

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
(Because my Groomers read this when she was pregnant with my Mom!)

East of Eden
(Because I love Steinbeck & this has been on my shelf since Christmas)

What are YOU reading this summer??


3 comments: